We look forward to welcoming you in Washington, D.C. on May 18. Below is a schedule of events, materials and basic information to help you prepare for Advocacy Day.
Location: Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, D.C.
- Welcome Reception: May 17 at 5-7:00 P.M., Washington Court Hotel, Capitol Room
- Breakfast and Training Session: May 18 at 8:00 A.M. (breakfast is served at 7:00), Washington Court Hotel, Springbrook Room
- Hill Visits: May 18 at 10:00-5:00 (You will receive Individualized schedules of your legislative meetings)
- Congressional Reception: May 18 at 5-7:00 P.M., Rayburn House Office Building B-354
Attire: Business Dress. Bring comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking between meetings.
Social Media: @tweetaone; #AONEAdvocacy
Things to remember:
- If you haven’t already, complete the attendee survey.
- Bring business cards.
- Talk to your government affairs department to get a one page overview of your organization.
ABCs of Lobbying Congress Webinar Recast
Legislative Basics like how to conduct a meeting, who's who and legislative glossary.
Questions: Contact Stacey Chappell at 312-422-2802